Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One Year old today, this blog is walking!, Crash into a snow bank!

18  F  sunny, windy!
Just about 2:30 today, I was about 15 minutes from completion!

14 x 16












It all started just fine....















Lots of sky, may need some clouds, cobalt and titanium.














Snow, the brightest first, I've got the perfect tone, right in the middle.















I had to back track the darkest color I put down.














I was feeling pretty good at this point, I felt warm (at least not frozen) and I was working along, then came a gust of wind (see above photo!)













I parked right on the corner, often after snow falls, it's harder to find a safe place to pull over. Corner of Delavan Rd. and Lincoln Hill Rd. White Creek, NY.









Here is my scene, Ill go back tomorrow to finish.




Today this blog is exactly one year old!, I've had 14,500 page views, and want to thank each and every one who's made this possible. It's been a great first year, and like any one year old, it's just the start!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and Happy Blog Anniversary. Hope you are able to rescue your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and interesting post. Hope you safed your painting!
    All the best from Berlin, Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Photographer and Maike, The blog has been an un-expected source of fascination in my life and I appreciate all who have read it. I'll go back to finish this painting today and will post it later....Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Long life to your blog! I send you a virtual glass of champagne. And I also hope your painting will be fine at the end. Life is sometimes unpredictable... Keep painting, waiting for the spring! (Do you remember how it was to paint without gloves, scarf and all that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chani! Life sure is unpredictable, that's good right? I did forget what it's like outside in anything but freezing!

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary on a great blog young man :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I don't know what's the best complement, the anniversary or being referred to as young!

      Delete