Friday, January 24, 2014

Belle Rd, ring it!

14  F  sunny, light breeze.
9 x 12. don't know what happened out there today.....














Here is my scene, I never got a finished shot/scene, the light was getting low by then.













It was in the teens today. I started putting paint on at about 3:15 and finished at about 4:45 so I was out for about 1 1/2 hours. By the end of it my feet and fingers are wicked cold.









 Sky and brightest snow.















In this place you get to see a lot of the far hills, (there are even more to the left of the scene).  I love the delicacy of them right at the horizon.   I  also really liked the road, it automatically leads you into the picture. It's a complicated picture and I don't think I had enough time to fully develop it.








I'm working on trying to get the snow in the shadows to read properly to the darker tones in the sun, Whaaat?













This is one of the longest sessions of the super cold days, Usually I can't make an hour.













Of course the light had changed a lot since I started, and it's right in front of me, changing the shadows, and I'm forgetting where things were when I started.

I can see it needs tweaking, but my shop is unheated, and that's where I work on them.....






Here is my new paint mobile! I picked it up this morning, and was anxious to take it for a paint. I think I can make this work.  It's new terrain for me, 32 years a full-sized General Motors truck owner........

6 comments:

  1. An interesting sky with an interesting light. I like the way how you try to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chani, I went out thinking I wanted a water view, but the sky and the way the light was touching the snow covered hills was just beautiful, so there I was.

      Delete
    2. when all else fails. take a picture of it so that you can finish back at home. that way you can get it like when you first saw it

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your comment Anonymous, I do take photos, and will refer to them when I bring then back for touch ups but my shop is unheated so I haven't been out there to do this recently on these coldest days.

      Delete
  2. Loving your snow paintings. I have been looking forward to the snow but now its with added trepidation because of the sore fingers and toes.. i struggle doing one in 1.5 hours at the mo so i can see a lot of unfinishedwork coming up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I hope you get snow, it's magical, really. I think boots and gloves are the most important items, I'm wanting to invest in the next pair of boots, that will give me some more time out there in the really cold temps......Will look forward to your snow paintings! Matt

      Delete