Thursday, May 16, 2013

Greene Rd. day 2 or what a difference a year makes

Warm and sunny 75 F

I'm continually surprised by how different things look in a photo than they do in real life. I swear I got the angle of the barn (the east gable side) correctly drawn, until I saw it in this picture, I still don't know what happened.





This is how it looked at about 12:30, when I finished (at least for the day)  I had trouble with veridian, I just couldn't control it at all, even with white and cadmium yellow  to temper it, I just might remove it from the pallet, we'll see. This photo is a bit washed out, but the color at home is almost electric.





Here is what it looked like when I started this A.M.  I was here yesterday about the same time, it was very cloudy, and the colors reflected that, there was also a lot less contrast, and no cast shadows.






I painted here last year too, wow!









This is the painting from last may,  it's #2 from when my great re-boot occurred, so I think I've made huge progress this last year, indeed what a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment