Friday, December 9, 2016

Light at the end of the day (x's 2)

This week was predominatly cloudy, but on Wednesday and Thursday, a little sun peaked out from the cloud cover and I was able to paint.


                        #904 RR Ave.                             12-9-16                                     9x12




                                    Here is the scene at the start,  a lot of contrast.


                                   On Wednesday I stopped here before the grocery store.
   
               #903  Burton Rd. Greenwich, NY.                             12-7-16                                       8x10


   Here is the scene when I found it and you can see how vastly different it is from the painting and the scene not long after.  I still don't know why that happens; the variables are many, but that's painting under the big blue.  I'm loving my new studio space, and had a great opening, with old and new friends visiting.  I think I'll enjoy actually working in there, and just made some new panels, it was warm and comfortable so I'm feeing great about it.  Thanks again for reading my blog, as always your questions and comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment