Thursday, December 1, 2016

Grand Opening, this weekend! Thanksgiving, Cape Cod.

My Grand opening is this weekend, Saturday, December 3 and Sunday December 4, 10-5 both days. The Cambridge Valley Fine Arts Tour and Sale is on Saturday, but I'm solo on Sunday.   I also have an opening on Saturday night, at the Laffer Gallery in Schylerville, NY.

My Address is 138 W. Main St. Cambridge, NY. 12816.







I've done a lot of work to turn my carpentry shop into a painting studio/gallery, it's still a work in progress, but I'm happy with how it looks so far.  The wall on the right is my "wet painting" wall, for the fresh work, the walls on the left are for un-framed paintings and there are stacks on the work bench, which was stacked with tools and hardware just a week ago.  The far wall has framed paintings.

On Monday, my 55th birthday, I treated myself to scouting out a section of the Erie Canal in Watorford, NY.  There are three very high locks in a row, and I caught it just as some of the last barges were going through. still I missed the water, and painted the empty lock, when I met the lock man, he said he could have filled it if he knew!


#900  Erie Canal, Lock #3  Waterford, NY                11-28-16                      16x18


I haven't gotten much painting done while this has been going on, and with Thanksgiving and the birthdays. But I did get to Provincetown, MA. just after Thanksgiving, even with intractable clouds (rain was predicted) and I love being by the ocean!

#899    Provincetown, MA.                     11-27-16                           8x10

This was Sunday morning, it was cold, cloudy and windy, but I got to paint before we got in the car back to Cambridge.


#898  Provincetown MA. pier from beach,           11-26-16                      12x16

I'm no sure why I'd even try to do a beach scene, but here it is.


    Saturday morning I made a bee line to the pier, the fishing boats are catnp for painters.

  #897  Provincetown, MA. pier.                  11-26-16                               14x16

This is near home on the day before Thanksgiving, I liked this photo and the stage of the painting, normaly I don't, but the unfinished places and the scratch marks.

    #896  Cambridge Rd. @ Tabor Rd.              11-23-16                          12x16

    #895  Battenkill @ Center Falls.                       11-21-16                                   14x16


          Here I'm working from a small (8x10) painting I did in July, the studio painting is 16x20, and I was using sight-size.

                           #894  Studio Pearl St.                        11-21-16                     20x16


                                                            A cozy fire in the woodstove!


   This is the Chinian family homestead in Newton, MA.  I've been going to se my folks a lot, and I wanted to paint the place.  My family moved into this house in 1965, and it's seen all our lives played out in it's walls.

    #893  Walden St. Newton, MA.                      11-18-16                             12x16

    Well that wraps up the paintings of the last 1/2 of November, a few aren't too bad, and there was a lot of distractions and even more preparations, I don't think I'll ever get the whole publicity thing, but hope I was able to get the work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment