Saturday, August 27, 2016

"The curse of der Maler" put to rest, and W. Main St. @ sunset.

       Today was the first day of the Cambridge Valley Fine Art Tour, and It was a great success, with a lot of visitors and sales.  I hadn't had any sales since December and I was begging to think I had a curse, "the curse of der Maler", and now it feels broken, and if it's anything you want is to have a curse broken!

80  F  clear.

     
      At the end of the day I was exhausted, but it was such a great day, and the light was so nice I went out, and ended up right down the street.


                   This is not a very accurate photo, it's much more dramatic, but it illustrates exactly what I liked about the scene, the bright light on the funeral home, the very dark trees, some far hills and other village buildings in light.


                                        The light and this painting went like greased lightning.


              #840  W. Main St.                           8-27-16                               10x8


No comments:

Post a Comment