Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Beginnings, endings and somewhere in between.



              This is my shop, still chaotic, but things are moving in the right direction.  For years I've been fixing things.  Years of scraps and the tools and flotsam of just about every job, stored away waiting to be placed and used but really just taking up space and collecting dust. It's bittersweet to wind down this part of my life, signaling changes, aging, and all that.  I enjoyed building things, and the satisfaction of  seeing my work function to provide shelter.  It's been a good run.  I still have our house, the apartment and the cabin, so there is plenty to fix, but on a much smaller scale.  I'm more excited about having the space free to be my studio, a treat I'll be really excited about putting together.


            #841  Grove St. Easton, NY                         8-29-16                            14x16




       Running on the theme of shadows on summer lawns as well as the bright light on white theme.


       Tomorrow I'm up to the Adirondacks to paint in Old Forge, I'm woefully unprepared, but it's all familiar territory, so I can't get lost.  I'll blog from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment