Thursday, August 18, 2016

The close by and familiar, the lost and the found, Varak Park and Buskirk bridge.

    There is nothing like hanging out on green grass in the late afternoon in the summer. The world is your living room.  Last night I went out wanting some lawn and late shadows. I didn't really need to go anywhere, there is a lot of lawn and shadows at my house, but "going out" is part of the process.  I did find something petty close at Varak Park, a Victorian era factory complex in the middle of my village.  The front of the property is a lawn, bisected by a channeled stream, and a footbridge, lovely.


     At the start the light was mostly on the building, and more on the lawn as well.


      I liked the pattern that the light and darks made, like a secret language, a binary code, but way more complex, way more mysterious.  The world is all pattern, and all changing, and it is there to be discovered.



           #835  Varak Park      8-17-16        12x16

     A red pick-up truck pulled up along Main St., in front of the building and the light was hitting the back of it.  I spent a lot of time on it, as is often the case with certain details.  The big pieces, with a little luck, can be broadly and quickly rendered, while some of the smaller pieces take more time.  Those big picture things are often the things


       This morning I went down to a familiar spot along the Hoosic River at the Buskirk bridge.


           #836  Hoosic River @ Buskirk's bridge.      8-18-16      12x16

         This painting didn't have a large lawn, I think I like going to familiar spots to see how my take on life (or seasons) have changed since the last time I was here, and that's usually a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment