Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Yesterday, around Salem, NY......

84  F  sun, some clouds.
I'm a little behind in blogging and other stuff, but I got three paintings done yesterday and two today, not that that's a lot, nor that their necessarily good.....

#589  Battenkill @ Skellie Rd.

8-4-15

14x16







I went to a favorite spot in the morning.
















It's been just perfect weather the last few days,
















I told myself not to put the trees smack in the center.....
















My scene stayed reasonably the same for me.
















A little glare on the sight-size shot.

















Ollie!

















After lunch I found this spot on my way back to Cambridge.
















I liked this scene, I've been in the neighborhood a number of times.
















I'm generally apprehensive about having the foreground unbroken across the bottom of the panel, but I still do it.














Here is where I ended up.

#590 Cambridge-Battenville Rd. (nr, Tabor rd.)

8-4-15

8x10










The "Money Shot" of #590















My spot, Ollie found a convenient location to lay down.
















I made dinner for my family and went out before I lost the light.
















The sun was moving fast....

















The light starts to play tricks on you about this time.
















This is where I ended up, the clouds had just changed their illumination and they looked amazing, not sure if it worked


#591 Newman Rd, Shushan.

8-4-15

11x12







My scene at the start.

















"Money Shot"  from #591





I'm blogging from SAW, I had forgotten my camera today. and got some very bad cell phone photos that I'll try and post tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment