Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dam!

75  F  mostly cloudy
I crossed the Hudson River today.

#594  Hudson river @ Stillwater Dam.

8-6-15

14x16










I've been along the Hudson a lot this week.
















I thought I wanted the bridge, but when I found my way to the island that separates the canal from the dam, the view of the dam was better.














I found working with the mostly monochromatic water refreshing,  there has been so much green lately.
















I ended here, more out of   "I'm done"  than anything else.















                                                           The scene at the start.
















My friend, the great blue heron was fishing, he stayed there very still for a long time.















The "Money Shot"

















This is the larger of two bridges, the road I'm on is on a narrow island, with the bridge over the canal behind me.














These next two are from yesterday when I forgot my camera.

#592 Lock 2 Champlain Canal Hudson River,  Mechanicville.

8-5-15

12x16









#593  SAW Hill

8-5-15

11x12














Here is my wall so far ar SAW, 17 since Salem2Salem began, not bad, but many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment