Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's day: an outing and a little paint.

75  F  clouds & muggy
Our family went to the Clark Art Museum in Williamstown, Ma. There was a Van Gogh show in the new building and of course the permanent collection, always good to see.  After we went to a beer garden and then ice cream on the way home, there even was time to paint on this the first day of summer and the longest day of the year.

#550 Hoosic River @ Buskirk's Bridge.

6-21-15

8x10


The bridge and the river automatically create a dynamic composition, and I had some nice contrasting light and dark tones.














Some darks and middle tones.

















On the water, dark on light, and light on dark.
















I was loosing my light and didn't want to chase it.
















OK so I lied a bit, and I paid for it. The bright light on the anchorage was awesome and I wanted that in, but I lost it very early in the painting, so I had to make it up. and ultimately the painting was not anywhere near this, that's what happens.....










The "Money Shot"

















My Spot.

















This is Friday's painting, I had forgotten my camera that day.

#549  Duel Hollow Rd.

6-19-15

7x10









These are just painted frames I bought unfinished over the internet, they're cheap, but I think they'll do, so will send some of them out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment