Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hudson River @ Stillwater

64  F  a bit of overcast.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MattChinianPaintings

This is what I brought back from today's paint. I went in the morning and had to deliver another painting to the Bottle Museum in Ballston Spa, I stopped to check out lock (#5?), and it was worth it.










Here was the scene when I started, I'ts apparent that I need to travel with the back-pack ready to go, even though this spot is just 100 yards in, Painting off the back of the truck is definitely a Washington County  thing.










The first two colors.















Just about covered, the dreaded crimson tone.














I had about an hour, so the 8x10, really not enough time, ant it's too far to bring it back.  The scene had changed quite a bit, the morning shadow was gone and the darks had lightened too.











View from my painting spot looking at the lock.














The lock from the parking lot, my spot was on the other side of the canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment