Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 2 carbon copy of yesterday.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MattChinianPaintings

64  F  Mostly sunny!
Here is where I ended up today after about another 1 1/2 hrs.  I got there at about 1:30, even though I had wanted to start at noon, when the sun would be brighter on the barn roof.

I was able to put in the cupola, telephone poles, wires and cows, I was proud of getting the wires in by "drawing" them with my pallet knife.






Here is where I started today, I struggled with the barn, silo and sky, not getting the proper shade on the barn roof. The slate of the roof reflects the light in a complex way, and a chunk of grey just doesn't do it. What does? I have no idea! In this picture you can see the general brightness of the roof, by 2:30 or so it's completely different.







Maybe I should have gone with the roof in shadow, maybe that's another painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment