Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rocky Mt high

83  F  nice!
This is where I ended up today, it's a view od 4th Lake from Rocky Mt, Eagle Bay NY, it was a 20 minute hike up here and third time I've painted in this spot.

#332 4th Lake from Rocky

11 x 14 available







It took a few minutes to find this particular composition, there are so many possibilities! sorry for not showing you the rejects and explaining why for me, I chose this scene and not another, to a large extent this is one of the most important part of my process, it's even mysterious to me how I'm attracted to one place at one time, and go about it.






The water want quick, but the greens didn't.














Lots of green! (only organized differently)














getting there.....















I spent about an hour in actual paint time, which really isn't enough, but like I said before, if you don't get the basics in the first few minutes......












Getting the tree in front of the valley and have it read correctly was a challenge I don't think I mastered yet, I am getting looser, and my brushstrokes show that.











Money shot of today's painting. From the photo the painting looks so much more saturated in color than the scene and mow I can't rember what was right!











Today's scene.















 !/2 mile scramble up today, easy really, the last time I went, about one month ago I couldn't paint for the wind!


I'm posting these in a state of exhaustion, and am getting them out there,  I wish I could be more creative in the blog itself, but I just don't have the time, Tady Hope went to overnight camp for one week, I'm sure she's having fun, but it's quiet without her!

2 comments: