Thursday, May 1, 2014

Creek @ Duel Hollow Rd. returned, x's two.

69  F  Beautiful afternoon!

I've been here before, but it's never been lovelier!

#288 Creek @ Duel Hollow Rd.

9 x 12

$300







The light off the creek was what I wanted, and to contrast that with the grass and dirt that looked so dark by comparison.












I wanted to get some of the yellowish color in first I don't know why it just seemed like a good idea.













There weren't as many dark darks, nor was there any sky, just couldn't fit it in.














The green is the name of the game, and we're back in!














Getting the relative values continues to be the challenge, when looking at the whole scene the greens of the grass look lighter than when looking at the light off the water, so in the end I darkened up the grass.










In hind-sight I wish I had moved the panel to the left, so that the large light reflected curve on the left wasn't so close to the left edge.












Getting there....































Should I bring it back tomorrow?















The light changed  when clouds came by, so I had to remember what I was doing, but the greens really deepened in the shade, and I liked that!












George Van Hook came by and painted next to me, completely unplanned.

2 comments:

  1. A superb place and such a nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a spot I found last year, and have done 4 or 5 paintings from, it's pretty close to my house, so I'll be back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete