Friday, May 2, 2014

Battenkill @ The Georgi grey and green.

55 F cloudy with a few drops.
Here is where I ended up today, There was an impromptu paint out at the Georgi, real laid back, the way I like it!


#289  Batenkill @ Georgi

12 x 16

$500






The river is high, as you can see, the reflections on the water were really cool at the start, and I liked the bright green looking through the bank of trees, it would get progressively cloudier as the session went on.










The first blocks....















So far I have mixed and applied with a knife, it's gone quick and I like that.














The water was weird today, I don't know how to describe it, it was almost boiling.













If I take it back the day will be different and I may as well start over, but that might be a good thing.













Basically I got lost in the water, and didn't know how to get back, should have left some bread crumbs.













My scene at the start, the water went from tough to impossible to paint.....














Ollie!















Helen and Cindy, George was there too. Isn't always more fun with friends?





Today was also take down day for the Salem Courthouse show, which was a great experience, a great place to have the work, and to keep coming back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment