Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My new studio easel:



  I built this new studio easel to start doing some studio work, I used wood oak flooring, and cedar from the old swing set  that I had laying around the place, and at least 1/2 of the hardware, so I only bought a few bucks worth of nuts and bolts.





















I have wing nuts to adjust the top and bottom rails.













The hinges allow the work to be tilted, the pins can also be removed to store or transport.












A pipe clamp allows the support to adjust in length, the tongue and groove of the flooring works perfectly for this application, I just figured this out when I was playing around with the material.






























It's not fancy, but I think it'll do.

















    Now that I've got this one done but for a little sanding/filing, I'm now going to build a new version of my outdoor easel, fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment