Monday, June 26, 2017

The here and now, there and then.

 

       Some of the simplest things are the most difficult.  Getting to the place where I can actually focus on something to discover the essence of that thing, and to see and feel that essence without the noise of all the things that are not that essence, to get to that place, even for a moment is divine.  I will loose track of time, forget where I am and all the crap and scuzz of life, for just a few moments, I'm in the zone, the color, the sound, I don't feel my body, forget my pain, fall into the abyss.

       I've become addicted to this, my brain has. To feed this addiction, I go out and seek it. It is a process I know well. Find a place with a good view (or any view), compose a piece of it to image on my panel, mix some paint and put it on the panel.  It doesn't take long.  It doesn't need to be perfect, I let the scene tell me what to do and I do it.  Paint value and color like I see, but of course different, scene to eye, eye to pallet, pallet to panel, panel to scene, and on like that so I don't have to think too much.  It's uncanny, when I get to a point when the light and scene changes and the loop jars me out of the stupor.  It's a drug. A dream.  I wake and return to my life, go to the grocery, or pick up my kid or right home.


No comments:

Post a Comment