Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Finding it down the street on the 1001st time.

48  F  Warm and sunny


                     Here I am painting along W.Main St. maybe just over 100 yards from my house.  I've driven by this spot thousands of times, and today the early afternoon light was bright on the houses on the north side of the street.  Sometimes the subject right in front of you is the one you pass over, and over a thousand times, and then the 1001st time, there it is, unique, unseen.  I don't know if I succeeded with this painting, the contrast doesn't feel strong enough and the middle tones of the lawns look dull and lifeless, but we'll live with it for a while and see.


   




               #924  W. Main St.                                            1-11-17                                        14x16




No comments:

Post a Comment