Sunday, November 6, 2016

A factory, a city street, a canal lock, and a tree.

43  F  overcast


      I had been looking for a tree, one in millions of beautiful trees, why so hard to find the one?

 
                         When I started there was some light, and the tree was lit up like Christmas, but the cloud cover came in and changed the scene.  The bright yellow orange leaves are still luminescent, even in filtered light, and I don't know why I don't do more of them!


                              #885  Shields Rd.                   11-6-16                          12x9

Yesterday I went to a friends open studio, on the way back I stopped at Lock #3 of the Champlain Canal, along the Hudson River, just north of Mechanicville.  

         
              #884  Champlain Canal Lock #3 Mechanicville, NY.     11-5-16        11x12



      I wanted to go on the other side of the railing, but there was a sign prohibiting it.  I didn't see a soul the whole time I was there!


                                      The sun came and went a lot too, welcome to November!



      This is in front of the building where AMP gallery is.  I had to bring in a panel rack, to display un-framed paintings, so I painted out front.  It was a problematic scene, one I wouldn't have picked otherwise.


                 As it was, not a bad spot to paint, I had a few visitors, and "Death Wish" coffee across the street.


     #883   Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY.              11-4-16                   12x16


          I liked the sun and shadows in this scene, and I felt like I needed a larger panel, this one is 16x20.


           #882   Pearl St.                                                 11-1-16                                            16x20


As always thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment