Thursday, October 20, 2016

Champlain Canal lock # 6 Ft. Edward, NY. laying out the paintings and a new gallery!

     Rainy today, after a cloudy day along the canal yesterday.  I needed a rain break to get some other things done.
 


                 This is a scene I've wanted to do for a while, it's the lock,  without the  lock, but with the bridge, pump house, the road, and all the other stuff. There are some yellow trees, but they stay very much in the background.


          A progress shot.


            The Money Shot.


             #878  Champlain Canal lock #6 Ft. Edward, NY.             10-19-16                12x16


       Here I've laid out the paintings from September, 25 in all, and most are my larger size.  I'm waiting for a clear day when I can photograph them, as well I will number, title, date and sign them.  Once this is done, I will varnish them and I can send out jpegs.


      This is the wall for my current paintings, these are the ones from this month so far. 


         On the largest wall I'm laying out the work, and just as important, the frames for a show at a co-operative gallery I'm joining (read, renting) in November.  My space is 4'-10" x 7'-10", and the black tape and board seem, indicate the size.  I will arrange the paintings like this, and change out the paintings, hopefully when they sell.  There will be a rack of 30 or so unframed paintings, they can be fitted with a simple black frame, or purchased without a frame.


       AMP Galleries are located at 454 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY.  I will post pictures as soon as I move in.  The web site is here:  http://www.ampgalleries.com/about


No comments:

Post a Comment