Sunday, May 29, 2016

Two days, two paintings.

90  F  hot, hazy and humid.

 This was from this morning:


       #777  Hudson River @ Rodgers Island, NY.        5-29-16       14x16


           It took 1 1/2 hours to get to this place, where I've painted at least 2-3 times.


        By the time I get to this point, I've figured out a lot of things, basically what I'm going to include, or not.

My pallet.



     Today's money shot.




   Yesterday I went down to the Cambridge Town Hall, and found this scene.


    There were things I liked about the scene, but there was a lot of middle value greens that I didn't.


    #776 Center Cambridge road @ town hall.    5-28-16    11x14


      At the end of the day, not terrible, but there is probably too much stuff.


Here are a couple of sash, I've had a lot of them through the shop. I'm going to finish up the few projects I've promised out and quit this line of work.  I've done close to 1,000 of these, maybe that's too many, maybe I'm quitting too late.  

No comments:

Post a Comment