Friday, December 4, 2015

Tomorrow's tour, a rail road, & overwhelmingly smart (phone)

45  F  cloudy




























           It rained a lot this morning, but it didn't matter much, I've been getting ready for the Cambridge Valley Fine Art Tour, Saturday, 10-5, at my house 138 W. Main St. Cambridge, NY.
here is the link:  http://www.cambridgevalleyart.org/  I went out today, when the rain let up a bit.


I got stuck waiting for the train, the first of two times today, and with my current fascination with the rail road, I made my way down the track.











This is the scene I found, it's at the north side of the village where route 22 spurs off to a dead end, the road crossing is rt. 22. A little clearing in the cloud cover and the sun lit up the clouds, the road and rails, providing a little drama.











Today's Money Shot.

#670 R.R. @ rt. 22

12-3-15

7x10








    My smart phone came yesterday, I got it so I could text and get my e-mail when I was out and about.  I hate it! the touch screen does all sorts of weird things, then I can't get back to where I was there are apps and settings and buttons and ring tones. It seems like there is no end to how  many things it can do.  I know I'll never need all the features, and I really don't want to devote so much time to learning all of it,  but I'll have to, at least enough to do the basics.   All the more reason to paint, which gets more antiquated with every technological advance, and I love that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      










No comments:

Post a Comment