Sunday, March 17, 2013

Waits Hill Rd. White Creek, NY.

=/-30 F  cold and windy.

I don't know why I chose this spot, at first I thought I was in a calm place, then the wind kicked up so I guess I could have been anywhere in the neighborhood, with the same cold gusty conditions. By mid March I think we all think it should be warmer, so it feels colder.





My new pallet, a piece of luan plywood soaked with linseed oil, quick, easy, we'll see how it goes. I also tried laying the colors out on warm/cold lines, trying to integrate things I've been reading about color theory.  It seems much harder to paint and think at the same time.





The light is a bright, cool white-yellow light, that bounces off the frozen dead brush & dirt. I like this bright light, but there's a limit of how much frozen dead stuff a person can stare at, and I met that weeks ago.







I tried to mix the foreground with the warm colors, and the middle ground with the cold , It looked horrible, so I just kept putting more paint on, it didn't hurt, but the foreground just did not want to cooperate. A bit of black helped.







A nice spot, but I'm definitely looking forward to warm weather. 















No comments:

Post a Comment