Saturday, September 14, 2013

Battenkill: a deer floats down it. Day 1



60  F  cloudy

It's been almost two weeks since I went out painting,  I forgot how to paint (not really) .













This is Eagleville, in Salem, NY.  I think my 4th or 5th time, in basically the same place.  I wasn't exactly sure I wanted to re-do it,  but when I pulled over to check it out, the water was high and brown,  and moving swiftly, the clouds were thin, allowing a lot of filtered light, so there were some decent contrasts, and I think I was able to compose the scene better than a few of the previous paintings.

I was aching to get some paint going so I used my largest size panel, 16x20.

This is about 1 1/4 hrs. into it, I have the canvas covered, mostly, I actually used my pallet knife to spread lager areas, wanting to get the basics in.


NOTE: if you look in the river to the right of the panel, you may see a tiny deer head swimming down stream!







He actually seemed rather calm, letting the river do the work,  I hope he got out ok.













Here it is at the end of today's session, I had/have every intention on bringing it back, I don't think a lot of things have been worked out, but it's not a bad start.












Here is My Etsy shop, I just put 10 smallish mostly last year's paintings on it, I'll add more, but if you see one you like let me know and I'll put it up there.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment